Monday, July 28, 2008

enjoying my baby!


In these 2 months and 19 days of being a mom, I have 3 daily goals: 1) make my bed, 2) wash the lunch dishes, and most importantly 3) enjoy every second with my little Julia! I confess that they're not easy goals either, and I call them 'goals' because they don't happen naturetly, I have to work on them daily. Every morning I remind myself (while staring at my dirty house), that this fase will also pass, and soon I'll be looking at pictures and remembering how little my baby was, and how wonderful it was to have her in my arms. So I hold her even closer, give her lots of kisses and ignore all the mess that I know I don't have time to clean. But today I'm extra happy because besides enjoying my little girls, at this very moment there is a lady cleaning my house!!! Hurray!!! Which means I can sit here with no guilt and know that at least someone is working!! lol!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Voce esta certissima, Patricia! Julia isn't not going to remember if the house was messy or clean, but she will remember all the hugs and kisses her mama gave her...

Nedra said...

Amen, sister! Keep your priorities straight (and hang onto that cleaning woman)!

The 4 Poppies said...

Keep your eyes on things above (the ceiling) and not on things of this earth (the dirty floor)...and make sure the cobwebs are clean! :-)