Tuesday, January 26, 2010

potty training - DAY 1



Yes, yesterday i decided to start potty training oficially. Last week i took Julia's diaper off a few times during the day and let her see what it feels like without one. It seemed to go well.
The morning started out okay. I explained to her that she should call mommy whenever she needed to go xixi or coco. At one point she actually called me to the bathroom, only to sit on the piniquinho and do nothing. I figuered that was a great start. In the afternoon things started to change. Julia started getting annoyed at me for calling her to the bathroom all the time. Whenever i said 'xixi' she whould say very emphatically 'NO!!!'
Than the first episode happened. I was cleaning the room with her playing around me and she suddenly said 'xixi mommy' and kept pointing to the floor. Sure enough there was a little puddle of xixi on the floor and her panties were completly wet! No problem right, that's part of it! Later on in the day, i was cleaning something else and felt a strange smell. That was when i put my hand lightly on her panties and felt a round ball....yes, coco!!!! Thankfully it wasn't runny!!..hehehe. That was episode #2. Than came #3. I found Julia sitting on our guest's bed looking very guilty...she was going xixi!!!

Well, DAY #1 didn't seem very promising, but we can't give up, right!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Julia! Yuckily cleaning up little episodes is part of it!
She looks so cute sitting on the potty.

Love you Juju.
I miss you. Tia wished she could squeeze you and give you a big Kiss!

The 4 Poppies said...

Love the pictures!! She looks so grown up...especially with the book! Hilarious!

prairierose said...

That look on her face is priceless! So glad you have a picture to frame that moment. Don't get discouraged. Eventually, she'll get it!

Unknown said...

Que coisa mais linda... detalhe.. ainda intelectual

Bjo

Michelle said...

those pics are too cute! I want to squish her.